- J-QUANT Ammonia 6 test strips offer a rapid and consistent method of measuring ammonia in fresh or salt water for both the laboratory and field testing environments. The simple process safely presents a result within 60 seconds
- Both ammonium and ammonia results from the ammonification of animal and plant protein degradation from uneaten food, decaying organic matter and when fish release it through their gills, urine and solid waste.
- Ammonia is damaging to life in the aquarium environment so these test strips can quickly and simply check the levels of ammonia. Ammonia is the leading stressor and killer of tropical fish.
- Regular testing of ammonia levels will maintain good aquarium conditions and therefore good fish health.
- High levels of ammonia in raw surface water is normally a sign of agricultural pollution.
- This test measures from 0 to 6 ppm and a level of 0 ppm is ideal. A level between 0.5 and 1.0 ppm shows the tank as being stressed and anything between 3.0 to 6.0 ppm is regarded as dangerous.
- Our ammonia test strips are manufactured to detect only the gaseous ammonia and it’s unique design minimises interference from CN-, Fe, Mn, Ca etc.
- It is recommended that ammonia levels in an aquarium should be monitored on a weekly basis to maintain a better environment for fish.
|Parameter: J-QUANT® Ammonia 6||Graduation: 0 - 0.5 - 1 - 3 - 6 mg/L||Presentation: 25 strips/pk||Product code: 252.1||Industries: Laboratory Environmental / Safety Water Treatment Industrial|