- Ammonium in solutions can be conveniently and rapidly measured by these test strips.
- Reliable determination can be promptly carried out with all the basic reagents that accompany the test kit.
- Animal and plant matter biologically decays to form ammonium naturally. This can be used as an indicator to control the water supply.
- Ammonium compounds in ground and surface water may cause adverse pollution that can be measured by this test.
- An assorted type of compost and manure can also be tested to determine the amount of ammonium nitrogen in agriculture, where high concentrations can be found.
- High levels of ammonium may also be found in industrial effluent.
- Although naturally harmless, ammonium can poison aquatic life by turning into life threatening NH₃ gas depending on the pH. Fish will not survive above levels of 1 mg/L of ammonium.
- Reliable, rapid and convenient measurement of ammonium is possible with J-QUANT® Ammonium 400 test strips.