J-QUANT® Water Hardness
- J-QUANT® Water Hardness test strips can quickly and economically measure the level of water hardness and total hardness in liquid. These strips provide consistent results with their easy to use method within 30 seconds of sampling.
- Water hardness caused by alkaline metals such calcium and magnesium
- Water hardness usually expressed as mg/l CaCO3 or CaCO3 °d
- Categorised by DEFRA as the following:
- Soft - 0 - 50 mg/l CaCO3
- Moderately soft - 51 - 100 mg/l CaCO3
- Slightly hard - 101 - 150 mg/l CaCO3
- Moderately hard - 151 - 200 mg/l CaCO3
- Hard - 201 - 300 mg/l CaCO3
- Very hard - Over 300 mg/l CaCO3
Water hardness is important in a number of applications
- Can be detrimental to the taste and appearance of food.
- Hard water makes lathering of soap more difficult, therefore more detergent has to be used replicate the results seen with soft water.
- Can cause calcification therefore damaging machinery, appliances, pipes or heating units.
- Has to be monitored in process control in some industries such as the textile industry, dyeing factories, large scale laundries, water works, fish farming and aquaculture
- J-QUANT® Water Hardness test are available in the presentations below. We also have the facility to manufacture custom requests covering different ranges or different presentations.
- J-QUANT® Water Hardness test strips are a rapid and simple way to optimally measure water hardness levels
J-QUANT® Water Hardness's Products
|J-QUANT® Water Hardness 500||0 - 50 - 125 - 250 - 500 mg/L CaCO₃||100 strips/pk||185.1C||Laboratory Education Environmental / Safety Food Service Homebrew Industrial|
|J-QUANT® Water Hardness 21||3 - 4 - 7 - 14 - 21 °d CaCO₃||100 strips/pk||226.1||Laboratory Education Environmental / Safety Food Service Homebrew Industrial|
|J-QUANT® Water Hardness 25||0 - 5 - 10 - 15 - 20 - 25 °d CaCO₃||100 strips/pk||240.1||Laboratory Education Food Service Industrial Homebrew|