MCE Gridded Membrane Filter
What is MCE Gridded?
Johnson Test Papers’ Gridded MCE Membrane is sterile-sealed filter, without protective paper in an individual package. We offer a complete range of mixed cellulose ester membranes, with a wide choice of pore sizes (from 0.2 to 3 µm) and diameters. The membranes are also available in sterile format and/or with a grid pattern that are used in many microbiological techniques including including colony counting after incubation. With clear advantages including operating convenience, less risk of accidental membrane contamination, less care and skill required to aseptically separate membrane from packaging and a reduction in test time. Johnson Test Papers MCE membranes are composed of cellulose acetate and cellulose nitrate. The membrane offers a high degree of porosity of internal surface area for greater product adsorption. Mixed cellulose ester membranes are biologically inert and are one of the most widely used membranes in analytical and research applications. They are ideal for gravimetric analysis and are particularly suited for aqueous solutions. This membrane is also often used for contamination tests.. They are naturally hydrophilic, biologically inert and offer good thermal stability up to 125 °C and can be autoclaved at 121 °C.. MCE membrane is characterised by a smoother and more uniform surface than the pure nitrocellulose membrane which facilitates particle detection and a high retention level.
For additional information on OEM specific applications, Johnson Test Papers has the product breadth and flexibility to meet your needs, as well as the quality standards to help ensure your success. Contact us to discuss application requirements, request free product samples and order products.
- Water filtration
- Gamma irradiated for sterilization
- Gridded membrane perfectly for microbiology analysis
- From 0.1um to 5.0um pore size for different microbe analysis
- Gravimetrical analysis, sterilizing filtration, air monitoring, particle monitoring, particle removal and bioassay
- Prefiltration and clarification of aqueous removal and analysis, microbiology analysis.
- Particle monitoring, particle removal, dairy microbiology, retention of yeast, molds and algae.
- QC analysis of fluid holding, particle collection and analysis
- Microdialysis of DNA and protein determination
- Fluorescent bacteriological assays
- Excellent retention and colony growth
- High recovery rates of microorganism
- Individually wrapped in easy-peel band pack
- Designed to maximize flow rates
|Sterilization||USP Class VI Testing||Thickness||Extractable||Maximum Operating Temperature||Sealing Compatibility||Pore Size Range|
|Gamma Irradiation||Passed||120 ±10μM||<4% - Boiling Water||90° C||Ultrasonic, heat||0.1 to 10.0μM|
|Pore Size (μM)||Minimum Bubble Point (psi kg/cm² )||Typical Flow Rate (mL/min/cm²@10psi(0.7 kg/cm²)|