Mixed Cellulose Esters Membrane Filter
What is Mixed Cellulose Esters?
Johnson Test Papers’ MCE naturally hydrophilic membrane filter is a mixture of nitrocellulose (cellulose nitrate) and cellulose acetate. It is one of the most widely used membranes in analytical and research applications. The membrane offers a high degree of internal surface area so that it wets out evenly, has greater product adsorption and retains it’s superior strength during use in gravimetric analysis and general filtration. It is particularly suited for aqueous solutions. It meets rigorous quality standards throughout every step of production.
This process ensures the membrane has consistent thickness and smoother, uniform pore structure than nitrocellulose which facilitates particle detection and a high retention level. In dry atmosphere the maximum thermal stability is 90°C and can also be autoclaved. We offer a complete range of mixed cellulose ester membranes, with a wide choice of pore sizes (from 0.1 to 8 µm) and diameters. The membranes are also available in sterile format and/or with a grid pattern that provides guidance for the quantification of microbial colonies without growth inhibition or enhancement.
Johnson Test Papers’ MCE membrane filter is available in rolls up to 310 mm wide, as well as sheets, cut discs that can be customized to meet your application and size requirements. Because the Johnson Test Papers’ MCE membrane filter is manufactured on-site customisation is easy and cost-effective.
For additional information on OEM specific applications, Johnson Test Papers has the product breadth and flexibility to meet your needs, as well as the quality standards to help ensure your success. Contact us to discuss application requirements, request free product samples and order products.
- Water filtration
- Clarification of aqueous solutions
- Microbiological analysis
- Gravimetric and qualitative particle analysis
- Protein determination
- Identification and microdialysis of DNA and proteins
- Sterilisation of samples
- Prefiltration and clarification of samples
- Fluorescent bacteriological assays
- Bacterial removal
- HPLC flowing particle removal
- Drug filtration
- Organic solvents filtration
- Monitor membrane for air and water
- Particulate removal
- Ideal for use in general filtration or medical assays
- High wick rates (lateral flow), substances move quickly through the membrane
- Uniform pore structure provides consistent flow and diffusion rates
- Superior strength, withstands aggressive handling or can be used with automated equipment without breaking or tearing
- Exceptional sensitivity, detects low-level components
- Lot-to-lot consistency, quality checks produce dependable results every time
|Sterilisation Compatability||Thickness||Extractable||Wettability||Maximum Operating Temperature||Pore Size Range|
|Sterilization: Autoclave, ɣ-radiation (25 KGɣ) or with ethylene dioxide||Thickness: 80 - 160 μM||Extractable: <2%||Wettability: Hydrophilic||Maximum operating temperature: 90° C||Pore size range: 0.1 to 8μM|
|Product Code||Pore Size (μM)||Minimum Bubble Point (psi)||Typical Flow Rate (mL/min·cm²@0.07Mpa)|