PP Membrane Filter
What is PP?
Johnson Test Papers’ Polypropylene Membrane filter are best suited for industrial processes such as air and gas particulate filtration, chemical processes and photo-resist production as well as for application in the automotive industry. This is due to their compatibility with organic solvents, making them highly suitable for degassing, especially acetonitrile, and HPLC mobile phase filtration.
They are highly durable, making them also suitable for numerous applications in chromatography and biotechnology laboratories such as a support for cell growth, for filtration of media, and other solutions used in biological work. Since polypropylene is a pure hydrocarbon material, there are no disposal problems relating to halogen content with PP membrane in contrast with other hydrophobic membranes such as PVDF or PTFE.
Johnson Test Papers’ PP membrane is available in rolls up to 310 mm wide, as well as sheets, cut discs that can be customized to meet your application and size requirements. Because the Johnson Test Papers’ nylon membrane is manufactured on-site, all customization is easy and cost-effective
For additional information on OEM specific applications, Johnson Test Papers has the product breadth and flexibility to meet your needs, as well as the quality standards to help ensure your success. Contact us to discuss application requirements, request free product samples and order products.
- Aqueous and organic solvent filtration
- HPLC Solvent and Sample Filtration containing weak contents of solids
- Lon Chromatography
- Gas filtration
- Photo-resist production
- Cells culture and samples filtration
- Sterile filtration of samples of small volume
- UV samples /Vis
- Hydrophilic membrane
- Good chemical compatibility (pH 1 - 14)
- Resistant to most organic solvents including acetonitrile
- Uniform strength, meaning the membrane will not crack, tear, break, or distort when picked up by hand or forceps
- Temperature resistance results in an autoclavable polypropylene membrane
- No need to pre-wet with cytotoxic wetting agents that could be extracted
|Sterilisation Compatability||Thickness||Extractable||Wettability||Maximum Operating Temperature||Pore Size Range|
|Sterilization: Autoclave, ɣ-radiation (25 KGɣ) or with ethylene dioxide||Thickness: 140 - 260 μM||Extractable: <1%||Wettability: Hydrophobic||Maximum operating temperature: 100° C||Pore size range: 0.1 to 5μM|
|Product Code||Pore Size (μM)||Minimum Bubble Point (psi)||Typical Flow Rate (mL/min·cm²@0.07Mpa)|