These J-QUANT® Nitrite test strips can quickly and reliably measure the level of nitrite in liquids. These strips provide consistent results with their easy to use method within 45 seconds of sampling.
- Nitrite 25
- This test measures low levels of nitrite used mainly in environmental analysis, surface water investigations and aquaristics
- This test determines the level of nitrite in boiling water and cooling water
- These strips can also be determine the concentration of nitrite in wine and seafood
- Nitrate 80
- Nitrite measure bacterial growth in cooling lubricants formed during the manufacturing process which can lead to the development of carcinogens such as nitrosamine. If carried out regularly, nitrite testing can protect staff from over exposure and lower costs as any action taken as a result of measurement can increase the lifetime of the cooling lubricant.
- Nitrite can provide an indication of contamination in the environment. Aquarium, industry, waste water and drinking water analysis is therefore an appropriate list of examples where nitrite measurement is possible.
- The maximum acceptable level of nitrite in drinking water as stated by the EPA is 1 mg/l. High levels of nitrite can cause infant mortality as well as proving fatal to aquatic life. Nitrite test strips are therefore the ideal solution for testing these circumstances due to their simple and rapid usage.
- Foods such as deep frozen spinach, brine, pickling solutions and meat products require the measurement of nitrite concentration. High levels can potentially cause harm to consumers of these produce, especially children
- Nitrite build up in aquacultures and fish farming through the breakdown of organic matter can impair the filtration units ultimately causing harm to the fish. It is very important therefore to test for nitrites in this environment.
J-QUANT® Nitrite test strips are a rapid and simple way to optimally measure nitrite levels.